I’ve got a quick post today about this fun bird-filled birthday card that I made for the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #69: For the Birds.
For this challenge, my first thought was “do I even have a set with a bird in it?”. I very quickly found out I had MANY sets with birds. Some sets, the birds were the main animals featured. Other sets, they were background animals. And I decided that I wanted use as many of them as I could to create an A2-sized Bird-thday Party card!
I used a very simple color palette for this card, so instead of telling you how to color each individual bird, I have the Copic Marker color palettes used:
- Pink: RV11, RV13, RV14, RV17
- Yellow: Y11, Y15, Y17
- Green: YG01, YG05, YG07
- Blue: B00, B02, B04
- Purple: V01, V04, V06
I will say that for the Peacock with the spread tail feathers, I did go in with a darker shade for each tear drop shape on the feathers. I don’t have those exact colors available, but I would go up to the next highest saturation within your color group, or improvise if it isn’t available (it’s a small enough space that if you had to get creative with a similar color choice, I doubt it would do anything to detriment your image).
Also, one thing I love about Lawn Fawn products is that they always have good puns for sentiments! So, I decided to take sentiments from 2 Lawn Fawn sets (Year 4 & Peacock Before n’ Afters) to mash-up my own sentiment!
Here are the Lawn Fawn sets and products used in this project:
- Fortune Teller Tabby (Cake Table)
- Birthday Before n’ Afters (Gifts, Bird in Open Gift, & Cake)
- Flamingo Together (Male & Female Flamingo)
- Year 4 (“Bird” Sentiment, Little Bird- Facing Right, Balloon & Small Party Hat)
- Peacock Before n’ Afters (“Happy Birthday!” Sentiment, Male Peacock, Female Peacock & Striped Party Hat)
- Happy Easter (Little Bird- Facing Left)
- Spiffy Speckles Paper (Sky)
- Knock on Wood Paper (Grass)
- Outside In Stitched Rectangle Stackables Die
- Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables Die
- Grassy Border Die
Thank you so much for reading! I hope this project inspires you to go out and create something, even if it doesn’t have a single bird in it!
On 2/4/2020, this project was selected as 1 of the 8 entries to be featured for the challenge! Thanks, Lawn Fawn!
Note: This blog does use affiliate links when possible. Please know that I only recommend products that I love and think you’ll love too!